A A+ A++
This is devolux.nh2.me, WordPress and web design resource. Have a look at my Development Area.
This is the right place if you got anything to say concerning my work. Don’t hesitate, I’m always looking for fair comments!
Danny · September 14, 2010 at 20:09
I need help. How do I get rid of the A , A+, A ++, and sidebar?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Rich · May 16, 2010 at 01:26
With the drop-down menu feature (beautiful, btw), how do I prevent the main menu item itself from opening as a page? For example, on my site, if you hover over “products,” I have sub-menu pages under it. I only want them to be able to open, not “products.”
Also, I’ve had no luck changing the Header font via the css stylesheet. Do I need to change something in the one of the php files? Or?
Chris Robinson · May 13, 2010 at 21:41
Love the JQ theme! Have been using it on our church website for a few weeks. However, we are experiencing a problem. Often in Internet Explorer, there is a message “Internet Explorer is unable to display the webpage”. This happens on multiple computers with different users. When I click on Diagnose the problem, Windows does not find any problems, then when I click on “close” – our website goes ahead and loads just fine? I have followed Wordpress instructions for deleting older versions and updating to the lastest version of Wordpress. GoDaddy.com has investigated the problem and insists it is NOT a hosting problem. Is there any way it is related to the JQ template?
Thanks for any response!
Chris Robinson · June 3, 2010 at 02:50
Website is displaying fine now. It was NOT an issue with the template. It was apparently the “mystery bug” that hits some WordPress sites… Hopefully it will stay away forever. Thanks again for a great template!
geraldguild · May 11, 2010 at 14:18
I really like this theme – well organized – easy to use – visually appealing.
1. Slow to load
2. Getting access to comments is cumbersome for readers. Perhaps having a comments link at the end of the post would help. I just downloaded the update – maybe these issues have been attended to. Anyways, THANKS!
Admin comment by Devolux · May 11, 2010 at 19:13
The theme itself is not slow to load. That seems to be an internal problem of your site…
Rich · May 11, 2010 at 07:45
First of all, thank you for creating this lovely theme and offering it to the Word Press community. I am putting it to very good use on my small business site.
I’ve got a few newbie questions for you:
- How do I change the font in the Header?
- How do I remove the A, A+, A++ and sidebar features that increase font size and toggle the sidebar?
- How do I remove the widgets showing up at the bottom of the page, and/or replace them with other widgets?
Thanks for your time, and please keep up the great work.
Admin comment by Devolux · May 11, 2010 at 17:46
- The font styles will soon be completely variable – wait for the next update concerning that. Or edit the CSS file.
- The sidebar file is sidebar.php. Have a look in there. The font magnifying will disappear when you enter a custom font size value on the options page.
- To remove them, edit footer.php.
Rich · May 12, 2010 at 01:31
Thank you, Devolux! Looking forward to your next update. Other than the header text I was able to make the other alterations thanks to your suggestions.
I went into the css style sheet and changed out the existing font with the font I wanted (I’m assuming wherever “h1″ appears is where I need to edit for the header?). I did this under the “TEXT” section and I also added the new font to the “BASIC TAGS” section within “font family.” The header still doesn’t render with my new font. If you could point out specifically within the css file where I need to do this I’d be most grateful. Thanks again.